- MACKINNON MACNEILL TRUST BURSARIES
The TRUST is able to offer annually to young people, male or female, a number of BURSARIES of up to £2,500, which will be awarded to students who demonstrate the academic potential to succeed in their chosen field and who will benefit most from financial assistance.
These awards will be subject to the following conditions:
Applicants should normally
- be over 16 years of age
- have been born in, be living in now or have resided in the past for at least 5 years in Argyll and Bute, Invernessshire (to include Lochaber and Skye), Ross and Cromarty, Sutherland, the Western Isles and West Dunbartonshire.
- be following or about to follow a recognised full-time course at a university or college or training centre.
- be following a course of study in the sciences, mathematics, computing, technical or technological subjects, to include engineering, marine studies and agriculture.
- EXCEPTIONAL AWARDS
The TRUST may also consider
(a) awards to applicants who do not fulfill the above conditions but whose application is regarded by the Trustees as being of special merit
(b) grants for projects with a relevant technical or technological emphasis
(c) loans, with or without interest, for educational purposes
(d) prizes for projects, essays or competitions with a technical or technological bias.
Applicants should note that the following conditions apply:
- The award will normally be paid in 2 equal half-yearly instalments directly into a bank or building society account in the applicant’s name
- The award requires satisfactory progress and continued attendance on the course and may be repayable if these conditions are not met.
- It is intended that the award will be made for the entire length of the course but a short reapplication form will be required annually to ensure satisfactory progress.
- The trustees will wish to keep brief contact in the future with bursars in order to follow their careers.
HOW TO APPLY : Application forms are available from
Mr. T S Smith,
Clerk to the Mackinnon Macneill Trust,
or by email: email@example.com